Friday, September 30, 2011

 So what have I been doing with myself?  I've been writing.  

Yup.  Writing.  Don't look so shocked; I've actually been writing since I was 14 years old.  Back then, I read the novelization of The Empire Strikes Back  by Donald F. Glut and said to myself, "Self, if this guy can do this, you can too."  Haven't looked back since.

In around 1986, I started a fantasy novel that has taken many, many, many twists and turns.  It's gone through tons of re-writes, a loss of the entire manuscript (typewritten before I had a computer -- ack!), entire character changes and scene changes, and picking and paring.

I finally decided to get off the pot and publish this thing.  But I decided to go about it in a way that hasn't been tried in a long time.

The Defender's Burden has finally taken flight ... in serial form.  Each chapter will be published on a monthly basis (perhaps earlier, if I can get a move on), ready for download to your Kindle.   Just in time for the launching of the new Kindle products!

Don't worry, though.  If you don't have a Kindle, you can still download the software for your PC, your MAC or your smartphone.  

The print version will be available soon, in a larger grouping of four chapters at a time.

So go have a look-see!  Each chapter will only be 99 cents, so you can feed your epic fantasy monster without breaking your piggy bank all over the place.

And yes, I am working on the final edits of Chapter Two, so you might see that earlier than you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment